Waikato Robotics, Automation and Sensing
Explore our current graduate research projects in fields of AgriRobotics, Applied Machine Learning, Sensing and Robotics.
- Marvellous Mark - Investigation of Dynamics of Soft Robot Fingers in Object Grasp and Manipulation for Selective Blueberry Harvesting
- Daniel Dredge - Industrial autonomous lawn mowing robot
- Rahul Jangali - Automation of Apple Fruitlet Thinning
- Wayne Holmes - Robust and fast in-field weed recognition using hyperspectral measurement
- Matthew Peebles - Investigation of Efficient Detection Methods for the Identification and 3D Localisation of Green Asparagus Spears for Robotic Harvesting
- Catherine Downes - Development of Platform - MaaraTech
- Adam Lai - Spring onion peeler
- Junpeng Liu - Lilies Bulb Sorter
Applied Machine Learning
- (coming soon)
- Carl Lickfold - Simultaneous Distance and Velocity Imaging in Time-of-Flight Range Imaging.
- Nilakshi Dissanayake - Measurement of UV penetration in floc and floc properties using fluorescence intensity and lifetime. [project page is under the Energy and Water research group web pages.]
- Amir Mukhtar - Vision based system for disable person identification and tracking.
- Gehan Anthonys - The effect of jitter on AMCW time-of-flight range imaging.
- Matthew J. Seabright - Occlusion Prediction For Kiwifruit Yield Estimation
- Ding Yi Monique Huang - Thermographic inspection to provide quality assurance for reinforced 3D printer filaments
- Jatin Tohan - Dynamic Sheet Former - Sprayer
- Chami Jayasekera - Human Robot Interaction
- Tara Fernandez-Ritchie - Friction Model for Soft Finger Contact