Waikato Robotics, Automation and Sensing
Is a team of researchers, with skills spanning artificial Intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, time-of-flight sensing, non-destructive testing, control and bespoke hardware development. Our mission is to produce both world leading academic research and solutions for New Zealand industry, including horticulture, agriculture, aquaculture, dairy, forestry and construction
Applied Machine Learning
- Marvellous Mark - Investigation of Dynamics of Soft Robot Fingers in Object Grasp and Manipulation for Selective Blueberry Harvesting
- Daniel Dredge - Autonomous lawn quality monitoring robot
- Rahul Jangali - Automation of Apple Fruitlet Thinning
- Wayne Holmes - Robust and fast in-field weed recognition using hyperspectral measurement
- Matthew Peebles - Investigation of Efficient Detection Methods for the Identification and 3D Localisation of Green Asparagus Spears for Robotic Harvesting
- Carl Lickfold - Simultaneous Distance and Velocity Imaging in Time-of-Flight Range Imaging.
- Nilakshi Dissanayake - Measurement of UV penetration in floc and floc properties using fluorescence intensity and lifetime. [project page is under the Energy and Water research group web pages.]
- Amir Mukhtar - Vision based system for disable person identification and tracking.
- Gehan Anthonys - The effect of jitter on AMCW time-of-flight range imaging.
- Matthew J. Seabright - Occlusion Prediction For Kiwifruit Yield Estimation
- Catherine Downes - Development of Platform - MaaraTech
- Adam Lai - Spring onion peeler
- Junpeng Liu - Lilies Bulb Sorter
- Jatin Tohan - Dynamic Sheet Former - Sprayer
- Ding Yi Monique Huang - Thermographic inspection to provide quality assurance for reinforced 3D printer filaments
- Chami Jayasekera - Human Robot Interaction
- Tara Fernandez-Ritchie - Friction Model for Soft Finger Contact
- (coming soon)
Former postgraduate researchers
- Mahonri Owen - Mana Motuhake Ringa: The Non-Invasive Neural Interface Based Artificial Hand
- Ben McGuinness - Development of a lifting/grading machine
- Gerhard Venter - Lilies Bulb Vision Detection System
- Rahul Jangali - Cave Auto-Sampler
- Michael Redstall - Robotic kiwifruit harvester yield improvement through calibration
- Hedi Hedayati - Context-aware framework for analysis of horse race videos.
- Rafael Whyte - Resolving measurement errors inherent with time-of-flight range imaging cameras.
- John Godbaz - Ameliorating systematic errors in full-field AMCW lidar.
- Sean Charleston - 3D shape measurement of moving objects for industrial applications.
- Ali Alqassab - Adapting the Bidirectional Kalman Filter for use in Multi-Frequency Time-of-Flight Range Imaging
- Dale Corlett - Measuring and Improving Time-of-Flight LIght Source Electrical to Optical Power Conversion